ESL job interview question: Why should we employ you?

Recommended answer:


Try to concentrate on your previous achievements related to the job that you are applying for. Also, tell about something that you have but others don’t: specific skills that might be needed by your potential employer. Can you design a website? Can you play chess? Can you play a musical instrument? 

Over the past few years, I selected a lot of useful ESL learning materials that would be culturally appropriate for your students. I would be able to publish a course book. In this way your school would save a lot of money on textbooks and the quality of teaching and learning would increase. In addition, I have a few good ideas how to teach English effectively when the numbers of students in class exceed 35. If you employ me, I will also help you to implement a very effective, new ESL testing system that would save a lot of time for English teachers. 



More questions with provided answers...